javascript:void(0)

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Bye-bye diet soda + some Fancy Pants projects

I doing it.  I'm finally doing it.  I'm going to try to kick my diet soda habit.  I've had a major diet soda addiction for more than two decades.  I drink it every day, morning to night. Diet Coke, Diet Pepsi or Diet Rite used to be my sodas of choice, but several years ago I read that the dark colas were more harmful to your health than clear ones, so I made the "healthy" (ha!) switch to Diet 7-Up at home.  I would still have Diet Coke at restaurants.  My husband is a total health nut and for years he's been trying to convince me to stop drinking diet soda, but I wasn't willing to give it up because I craved the stuff and I figured it was my only vice.  Then something just clicked in me last week and I decided it was time to stop because I want to be healthier.

I'm on Day Four of being soda free. It's been a little tough, but I'm sticking with it so far!  7-Up is caffeine-free, so it's clearly the sweetness (aspartame) that I've been addicted to.  I'm just trying to drink a lot of water to get my body used to drinking unsweetened beverages.  Have any of you given up the soda habit?  How did it go?  Did you notice any difference after giving it up?  I'd love to hear from you!

I have a couple Fancy Pants projects to share today.  First up is a layout I made using a mix of Fancy Pants papers from several different collections.  I chose black and cream papers and embellishments, then I added a splash of hot pink and green.
 
I used the new Fancy Pants stencils to add the pink dots.  I made the roses out of white cardstock that I first sprayed with Dylusions spray ink. 

Here's a "thank you" card I made with the lovely Park Bench collection.


Last but not least, you can check out a tutorial I did for altering the cover of a Brag Book on the Fancy Pants blog.  Here's a little sneak of the project:

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

we all have our vices. good for you for taking charge of yourself. it might be hard but oh so worth it. love your work always

Heather said...

Good for you, Stacy! If you really want to go the healthy, adventurous route you can try kombucha (you can brew it yourself, or buy it at health food stores) for a little fizz. There's nothing harmful in it, it's great for you! If you're not used to being sweetener-free, though, I'd add a bit of honey. It takes some getting used to. Good luck!

Christa said...

Good for you! I have been addicted too to diet soda, and have been off it a few times over the past two years. I always feel better when I am free of it..it's so high is sodium and the water retention is crazy! I also get a few headaches when I'm weaning myself off as well as a bit irritable. I do find though, that I crave fewer sweets in general when I'm fully recovered..usually about 4 weeks! Good luck! Oh, an BTW great and beautiful projects!

Unknown said...

Great project! Your website is also very nice.

Janice said...

Love your beautiful card. I gave up soda totally 3 years ago. Thought I could not do without it but turns out it was the reason my hands and feet would swell, especially in the summer. Don't miss it!