javascript:void(0)

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Role Model

Hi everyone! Today I want to share a layout I did for a Creating Keepsakes article about "Role Models." My page features my wonderful, kind-hearted, and incredibly loving mom. She is such an extraordinary person, and I am very blessed to be her daughter.

As seen in Creating Keepsakes magazine.  Copyright Creative Crafts Group.  Posted with prior permission from the publisher.

The journaling says:

Dear Mom,
I thank my lucky stars every day that I’ve been blessed with a mother like you.  Besides being the best mother and friend a girl could ever ask for, you are also my role model.  You have completely shaped the person I am today.  Through your actions I have learned compassion, kindness, integrity, responsibility and generosity.  You have also shown me that it’s possible to possess all of these wonderful qualities and still be able to be assertive and stand up for myself . . . in a nice way.  From the example you set, I am continually learning how to be a better wife and mother.  When I see how kind and patient you are with Rebecca and Danielle, it reminds me to take a breath and be more kind and patient with them myself.  You have become an important role model for them by teaching them how to handle situations with grace and integrity.  Someday I will have grandchildren of my own, and I aspire to be the kind of loving and generous grandma you are.  Honestly, I have never known anyone who has a bigger heart than you.  You always set a good example for all of us. Everyone whose life you touch is richer for the experience. I thank you for all the guidance (spoken and unspoken) you have given me throughout my life.  I’m so very grateful to have you as my mother.  I love you with all my heart.

Love,
Your Darling Daughter (as you affectionately call me)

5 comments:

Romy said...

Both the way your lay-out looks and the meaning behind it are absolutely gorgeous! I love that you incorporated such a sweet letter to your mom in this page. The circle framed photos look so pretty, too!

Tamika said...

This is lovely and a key to great scrapbooking! I have flagged this area in the book to come up with something half as creative one day!

Unknown said...

wow!!!

cvanholstein said...

Wow Stacy, you did it again.
This layout looks so simple, but I know it is not!
Incredibly beautiful!
kind regards, Corina

Crie Artezzanato said...

No words!!! Wonderful!!!

Hugs

Val
www.crieartezzanato.blogspot.com