javascript:void(0)

Friday, April 6, 2012

Pinterest Challenge on Creating Keepsakes' Club CK

I have a new addiction: Pinterest.  It all started innocently enough.  I was asked to host a Pinterest challenge on Creating Keepsakes' forum, Club CK.  Prior to that I had casually perused Pinterest a bunch of times, but I hadn't joined or "pinned" anything myself.   When I was given the task of choosing five Pinterest images to share as inspiration for a scrapbook layout challenge, I happily obliged and then I jumped into Pinterest head first.  WOW!!  It's opened up a whole new world for me.  Surprisingly, I find myself spending more time looking at non-scrapbooking things, like vintage loveliness, recipes, home decor, beautiful color combinations, and general crafty things.  I love the idea of getting scrappy inspiration from non-scrappy images.  At any given time now I have a couple different Pinterest tabs open on my computer. Must.step.away.from.the.computer. 

You can see the five Pinterest images I chose here:  Pinterest Challenge on Club CK.
 
This is the sample layout I created based on one of those images.  My eye is always drawn to the gorgeous "ROYGBIV" colors, so I love to create rainbow colored projects.


Supplies:  Patterned Paper: Canvas Corp; Cardstock: Bazzill Basics; Alphabet Stickers: BasicGrey; Baker's Twine:  Jillibean Soup and The Twinery; Paint: DecoArt; Die-cutting machine: Sizzix; Die: My Favorite Things; Pen: American Crafts; Punch: EK Success; Adhesive: Tombow

I was inspired by the beautiful rainbow colored tags I found on this Pinterest image:


If you click on the photo, it will take you back to the image on Pinterest.  The original source is  CaliforniaCraft's Etsy store, where you can find an abundance of beautifully colored tags, bakers twine, and other goodies.
 
There's a prize to be won if you play along with the challenge on Club CK, but I realize that it's kind of short notice since the entries must be posted by Monday the 9th.  Sorry for the late notice!  But you can still play along for fun at any time.  I'm definitely planning on using the other non-scrapbooking Pinterest images as inspiration for future scrapbook pages.   


Happy Passover, Happy Easter, and Happy Spring everyone!!

7 comments:

Crie Artezzanato said...

Great layout ,Stacy.

I sent e-mail for you. I received my magazine.

Thanks

Val
www.crieartezzanato.blogspot.com

Romy said...

What a beautiful layout! I love the rainbow of colours on it:)

Unknown said...

fantastical!

Anonymous said...

Stacey I always love your play on color- so cool what you did with that challenge! I love that you did a layout about your layouts! I might play along!

Anonymous said...

LOVE this layout!!! Gorgeous colors with the tags and details!!! This rocks!!! I'll be pinning this on my favorite layouts!

Patricia said...

simply fabulous this chioice of colors...

Anita Richards Designs said...

I just spotted this layout on Pinterest and thought that you might like to know that I love what you did with the use of the tags and colour.
#inspired
Thank you! ��