javascript:void(0)

Friday, May 28, 2010

Those Eyes

It's only Friday, but for us the long Memorial Day weekend has already started.  Our local school district decided to close my girls' schools today to save a few bucks.  That's fine with me!  I got to sleep in this morning, and now I get to spend some extra time with my sweet girlies.

Here's a layout I created with the FUN and vibrant "Hello Sunshine" line from Lily Bee:

I added some Shimmerz Spritz to the cardstock and Prima flower.

A lot of people have asked me how I  make the crocheted borders like you see on the layouts in some of my earlier posts.  I'm not the best person to give crocheting lessons because I learned how to crochet years ago,  but I never learned the names of all the different stitches.  Thankfully the VERY crafty and  talented Lolly Chops has come to the rescue with an awesome video tutorial on crocheted borders.  Lolly also has a fantastic blog, so be sure and check it out! 

Have a wonderful long weekend!!

15 comments:

BabyBokChoy said...

I love this layout, very bright and fun! and i had to laugh that you are okay with your girls' school being out. I am like, seriously, ANOTHER day I have to take off to BABYSIT? LOL. yeah, vote for me as BAD MOTHER of the year award :)

Lori Renn said...

Gorgeous! Love the colors. I really want this Lily Bee paper!

Suzana said...

Very beautiful! Love the colors as I live in a tropical country!

Christiane said...

love love love this page. the vibrant colors and the stitched borders are simply perfect for this shot. what a cutei!!
:))

Mel said...

I just love love this Stacy, amazing collection of perfectly matching papers to use, the photo papers and I just love the gorgeous photo, glad you got to sleep in. Just got the Creating Keepsakes mag and love love the layout of your husband and the chicken......Love to you, you do the most gorgeous work. Melxx

Keshet said...

love this page with the strips of PP!

Sarah Lou said...

oh can I just say these bright colours are kicking butt! they look fabulous!

iza said...

love ur style.love the way u make simple lo look very gorgeous...u r very talented...

JulesinParadise said...

Love the bright splash of yellow and love the whole she-bang!

Christie Bryant said...

Beautiful Layout! I love it! Your daughter does have GORGEOUS eyes!

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful. I love the diagonal strips, and the colors just pop :)

LollyChops said...

Love this LO Stacy! Thanks for sharing the link to my video (and for the inspiration to create it)!!!

Anonymous said...

Stacy this is just so beautiful.

Staci Taylor said...

this is gorgeous stacy, and she sure does have beautiful eyes!!

inger synnøve said...

Beautiful Layout!i love the color you juice. i have had a wonderful time here in your blogg:) you made sutch og beautifuls LO`s. thanks for you lett me lock:)