javascript:void(0)

Friday, September 19, 2008

Cool Scrapbooking Stuff

A couple fun little scrappy discoveries made me very happy this week. . .

First, someone finally opened up a scrapbook store here in the heart of Los Angeles!!! Hurray! It's called Millie Papercrafts. The owner is very sweet, and she has filled the place with all the latest and greatest scrapbook supplies. The store has a sort of vintage feel to it . . . just my style! I'm so thrilled to finally have an LSS so close by.

Secondly, last night was Back to School night at my daughter's school, and I found out that part of the first grade weekly homework curriculum is an ongoing scrapbook that each child will be creating. Every week the children will collect one special item (i.e., a ticket stub, a party invitation, a restaurant receipt, a photograph, a leaf from the park, etc.) and they will glue that item into their own special scrapbook. Then they will write a few sentences about the item and what they did that week. At the end of the year each child will have their own special scrapbook showcasing his or her first grade year. The teachers will also add pictures that they take throughout the school year. How cool is that?!!!? And what's also cool is that the teachers need a few parent volunteers to help compile the scrapbooks. So you can probably all imagine me ready to jump out of my seat last night with my hand raised high in the air . . . "me, me, me . . . choose me, choose me!!!!" Sure! Just tell me when and where and I'll be there with my paper trimmer and tape runner in hand!!!

And now for a little show and tell. Here's the Creative Team project I made for Gypsy Rose Paperie this week. I found a plain 2009 planner in the dollar section at Michael's (gotta love those dollar deals!), and then I painted it gold and added a bunch of ribbon, chipboard, flowers, bling, lace, the cool vintage ephemera image from Gypsy Rose, etc.




And by the way, the Masquerade kit just went up for pre-sale today at Gypsy Rose Paperie, and the Haute Couture kit will go up for sale on September 30th.

1 comment:

Candy Bello said...

amazing! beautiful lace! i love it!!

:)
candy